In an effort to get myself writing more in 2017, I’ve decided to attempt a writing challenge. There are several ideas available on pinterest to help encourage you as well. Feel free to steal my idea and post your own too. It’ll be fun to see. Enjoy writing & reading in 2017!
Here goes the first one…
List 10 things that make you really happy
Well, there definitely are a lot of things that make me happy on a daily basis, but if I absolutely M U S T choose ten… these would be them…
- Both of My Kids. They are everything I ever dreamed of. Even on our worst day, my heart bursts with love for them. I prayed hard for these two & I’m so grateful that they are the two angels that were chosen for us. Life is just more beautiful with them in it.
- My Hubby. He’s my lover, my best friend and the glue that holds our family together. I couldn’t imagine doing this life without him and having him in it is a gift to us all.
- My Family. What can I say? They are my people. They are where I come from. They are who I am. They bring me back to where I came from and where I’m going. I love them even when I’m mad at them. Family… can’t live with them, can’t live without them.
- My Friends. They say that your friends are the family that you choose for yourself. That may be true, but I feel like each one of my friends entered my life at the precise moment that I needed them and has been here every moment since. They are my crazy and happy village. They keep me grounded and help in guiding me through this crazy life. I love each of them dearly and am one lucky girl to have them in my life.
- The Beach. Set me at the beach with a book and a cocktail and I’ll live happy forever. The beach is my #1 Happy Place and the number one reason why I chose to live in Florida. Yes, I did grow up near Lake Michigan, but there just isn’t anything that can compare to a Florida Sunset on the Gulf Coast. In fact, I don’t even have words to describe it. It’s that magnificent. Honestly, I even considered putting the beach in the #1 spot! Just for a second. Ha! Going to have to place more beach days on my calendar for 2017. For sure.
- Dancing. For as long as I can remember, I have loved dancing. Both professionally and recreationally (as in dancing in your living room or a bar, get your mind out of the gutter!). It’s expressive, it’s stress relieving, it makes you smile/laugh and it’s free (for the most part). What more could you ask for?! I’m hoping to join a few dancing groups this year in an effort to reclaim myself. If I had to choose a “hobby”, this would be it.
- Traveling. I love everything there is about traveling. But mostly, I just love the quality time that is spent with my family (or my hubby when it’s just the two of us). I’m really looking forward to starting a tradition of family vacations with our two. I have so many wonderful memories of traveling with my parents. In fact, my Dad insisted that we drove EVERYWHERE. His first flight wasn’t until I moved to Florida in 2001! I want to try and be like that too. There’s so much more to see & enjoy when you’re driving
- Mexican Food. OMG. I could eat Mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner… and even dessert and snack. I absofreaking LOVE it! From Tex-Mex to the real deal. I’m totally all about the Mexican food. Do you know who Rick Bayless is? If you don’t, you should. He has a great little program on PBS, but even better… he has some fabulous mexican restaurants in Chicago. And, we’ve been there! PLUS, he just opened one at Disney Springs over the summer. We’ve already been there TWICE! Ha! If you go, get the Watermelon Margarita & Enchiladas. To Die For!
- A Day at the Spa. Now, I’ve never actually spent an entire day at the spa. However, I have had a few treatments in a row done that made me more relaxed than ever. I think I chose this one because it does make me happy, but it’s also a reminder (or maybe even a suggestion to my hubby) to get myself some pampering over 2017. I’ve pushed myself to the side a lot recently. I deserve a little bit of downtime and pampering too.
- Being a SAHM. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a mom… a Stay-at-Home-Mom. There’s nothing that brings more joy into my life than my two children and seeing their faces on a daily basis. My mom both worked and stayed home with us. (Not at the same time. Obviously.) And when she did work, it was because she had to. Not because she wanted to. I’m so grateful that I am able to be home with them. It wasn’t easy (financially especially) at first, but I think we are finally figuring out how to manage our finances and our time better to allow it to continue.
Come back next week for another installment to my 30-Day challenge.